LADA Residencies for Emergent Producers
Call for emergent Live Art producers
The Live Art Development Agency (LADA) is delighted to invite proposals for two emerging UK-based Live Art producers to be in residence for one year at LADA’s office in London.
LADA is committed to driving excellence and experimentation in all aspects of Live Art practice and considers support for early-career producers who can work with artists in innovative and experimental ways to be an integral part of this ambition. This initiative is part of LADA’s Next Steps Scheme for emerging Live Art administrators and producers.
Over the course of one year, the selected producers will each receive a tailored residency programme of mentoring, desk space, access to office facilities, event invites and opportunities to engage with LADA’s work and other projects as and when they arise.
LADA piloted these residencies over a two-year period from 2014-16 with producers Sally Rose and Xavier de Sousa. In addition to their numerous independent projects during this period, Sally and Xav created the Producers’ Gathering network, which they continue to facilitate together. (Read Sally and Xav’s blogpost about their residencies here.)
"This residency was a vast turning point in my career and understanding of the role of producer within a Live Art context. Being part of the LADA family allowed me to be present and in constant communication with Live Art related activities, events and the industry at large.” – Xavier de Sousa
“It has extended my ambitions for collaboration, understanding of working independently, and also embedded me in a working and artistic community. I have gained numerous new relationships and become more connected across the UK; this external focus has been really beneficial.” – Sally Rose
Deadline for applications: EXTENDED TO Monday 24 October 2016, 12 noon
Dates of placement: Autumn 2016 to Autumn 2017 (exact dates tbc)
Click here for full guidance notes and eligibility criteria. Applicants are strongly encouraged to read all the notes thoroughly before applying.
LADA is looking to form ongoing relationships with two emerging Live Art Producers through flexible part-time residencies for a period of one year. It is anticipated that the two residencies will run concurrently, enabling opportunities for collaborations, dialogues and shared experiences.
This is an unpaid opportunity. The residency is intended to provide space, time, professional development opportunities and other support as the producers work on their own projects. The majority of the residency will consist of the candidates working independently to their own agenda.
LADA will tailor each residency, with the successful candidates, to meet their individual needs.
- Provide free desk space for up to three days per week, and access to the office outside of working hours.
- Provide access to office facilities including use of wifi and other equipment, as well as use of the LADA Study Room and our kitchen facilities. However, candidates should have their own laptop to work off in the office.
- Work with each of the successful candidates to tailor a structured framework of activity for their residency with three mentoring sessions, regular check-ins and help in identifying and achieving career goals.
- Extend event invites to the candidates where appropriate, which may include Study Room gatherings, performances and work-in-progress showings, exhibition openings, launch events and more.
- Provide guidance and professional support in applying for Grants for the Arts and other project funding opportunities where appropriate.
In addition to their own projects, the producers may be invited to contribute to LADA and Live Art UK initiatives, and it may be possible for LADA to provide the producers with work opportunities (subject to such opportunities arising). We encourage applicants to think about other ways in which LADA might help the resident producers enhance their experience.
Live Art Development Agency
The White Building
White Post Lane
London E9 5EN